Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Simple Meal Under 2 Dollaz


Was mad hungry last night after cleaning the house (thanks Choke for the idea) so decided to create something quick and easy without having to run to the store...

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked pinto or black beans
1 cup corn
1 chopped tomato
1 chopped carrot
Taco Seasoning (packet)
2 tablespoons cilantro
1 cup whole grain rice (dry)
Blue corn chips (optional)
3/4 cup water

Process:

Combine beans, corn, tomato, carrot, taco seasoning, cilantro, and water in a pan on stovetop.
Bring to boil, then simmer for 15 minutes stirring frequently
Serve over rice
Garnish with blue chips or whatever else is chilling in the kitchen
Feast

5 comments:

jrodgers said...

$2...seems like at least 10. Looks good still the same.

Berg said...

I made this yesterday and I somehow spent 3.67 here in Wisconsin. Where are you guys based? Some of these ingredients were not cheap but non the less, thanks for the encouragement. I am balling on a vegan budget. Be well!!! Thanks Choke and Polymyth(i thinks thats how u spell it...peace

Anonymous said...

Peace Berg - I think most of the other contributors are in DC, but I currently live in the Buffalo, NY area. I should have noted that when I totaled up the price of the meal, it was based on the fact that I didn't use the whole bag of rice, etc. So it costs more than 2 bucks to buy the ingredients, but only 2 bucks to make the meal if that makes sense.

I'll be posting new recipe ideas soon. Thanks for reading!

-IV the Polymath

Berg said...

thanks for the follower up. Happy non turkey day to you guys

....cHoke.... said...

BE WELL BERG !!