Monday, July 5, 2010

Jamaican Tennis Player Dustin Brown

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LGX-ae7EQBI/R5Ft1cFyS9I/AAAAAAAAB5c/XzvQAT3SKIQ/s400/DustinBrownBlackandwhiteTennis.bmp
Jamaica’s Dustin Brown won his first tour match in the U.S. on Monday with his 7-6(3), 6-7(7), 6-4 victory over German Bjorn Phau at the Campbell’s Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, an ATP World Tour 250 grass-court tournament.

Brown, who made his tour-level debut as a qualifier seven years ago in Newport, fired 20 aces and capitalised on three of his 10 break point chances to close out the win in two hours and six minutes.

“It was really close today,” said Brown. “It could’ve gone either way. I’m happy I was on the winning end though. Just happy that I got through it. Hopefully I’ll serve better in that next match because in the beginning I had a little problem trying to find my serve.”

Brown was ranked No. 400 at this time one year ago and broke into the Top 100 for the first time on May 17. He began this week at No. 108 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings.

The 25 year old next meets the winner between Americans Sam Querrey, the top seed and 2009 finalist, and Jesse Levine.


No comments: