Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What's up with the sizes, Really?


Now, I guess you would consider me a reformed sneaker head, not by choice though. Rewind about 10 years ago, it was a completely different story, I truly had a good problem going. I had stores on speed dial, would wait on lines, had friends working at spots out of town, traveled for kicks, the whole bit. I am not complaining because the scene from about 92-99, was the greatest for sneakers and so well worth it. I guess its hard coming from that and seeing what's available for women now. The market makes it kind of easy for girl's like me to fall back on the whole kick situation and get excited about IKEA. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the shop owners, its really the manufacturers. As of late, every pair of kicks that I usually like, seem to never be available in a boy's size 5, its a joke at this point. I guess it would be different if I just started buying sneakers but, a lot of the stuff that's available now, that was made in my size before, now start at size 9. Folks will try to convince you that they were never available in small sizes but, you know I know better, right? All I can do is run back to that space in time when the Adidas Forrest Hills and Rod Halliet's were plentiful in boy's size 5 and 24.5 cm (if u happened to be near Japan) ...They were some of the greatest. Oh...the memories...Bless and Be Well....

No comments: